This stipend eligible position is for the fall 2017.
The Arc’s HR Intern, Training & Development is a self-motivated collaborator who can create and conduct trainings to Arc supervisors and lead personnel to ensure that organizational goals and outcomes are met. This position also supports some general HR related operations. Reporting to the Chief Human Resources officer and the Human Resources Manager and working closely with others in the entire organization, this position supports a broad range of training and development activities within The Arc Greater Twin Cities. Duties include:
- Research and continue organization’s current training and development on guest service around the following:
- providing excellent guest service at Arc Value village thrift stores
- incorporation of guest service training into new employee onboarding experience
- creation of a recognition program for employees who execute excellent guest service
- Creation of store huddle topics
- Revision of current Basics of Welcoming training
- Present some topics of the guest service training to supervisors, but not the entire training
- Transfer personnel files from a paper format to a 100% electronic format
- Assist with other HR duties as needed/related to training and development
- Assist with generalist HR principles and practices such as recruitment, onboarding, evaluations, etc.
This is a human resources training and development focused position for the fall 2017 semester. Must be available to intern 2-3 days, 10-14 hours per week. Hours are Monday-Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm with occasional evenings and Saturdays as needed. Includes a $1000 stipend.